Academic Advisor Primary Contract Position
Job Description –Academic Advisor
Starting date: 20 January 2019
Other important dates: Terms 1 & 2 2019
Finish date: 30 August 2019
We are looking an education academic with appropriate expertise who is keen to be involved in the development and review of a new Drama NZ pilot programme – a school-based collaboration to build teacher capacity in literacy. This role will advise on overall design, teaching as inquiry, assessment, and programme evaluation.
The advisor will be an education academic with expertise in literacy and drama who has worked with teachers and in schools. They will be responsible for assisting the expert primary teacher in tracking and the evaluation of the following:
● Increased motivation and enjoyment for writing
● More purposeful writing
● Improvement in achievement in writing – e.g. quality, vocabulary, personal voice
● Specific goals from class teachers
● Knowledge of drama strategies
● Ability to utilise strategies and deliver a enhanced literacy programme involving drama.
Programme Outcomes will be evaluated by:
● Pre- and post pilot questionnaires with class teachers
● Analysing ongoing student reflections
● Other data from class teachers, including achievement data as appropriate.
● Feedback from school leadership.
The Academic Practitioner will:
● Review assessment procedures for teachers to use with students
● Review programme design
● Codraft pre- and post-programme questionnaires for teachers
● Be available for phone meetings with teacher practitioner and mentors
● Review final report for presentation to Drama NZ and possible publication in DNZ EJournals
This is to be done in consultation primarily with the programme designers/mentors, and reports to them.
For further details: contact Judy Norton DramaNZPrimaryed@gmail.com
To apply: send a covering letter and a CV to Judy Norton DramaNZPrimaryed@gmail.com
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 14 December
Late applications will not be considered.