Drama New Zealand is the national body that represents and advocates on behalf of drama teachers, academics,
applied theatre workers and theatre in education practitioners at national and international forums and in education policy-making.
• Join your association • Work on your regional management committee • Nominate to be on the Drama New Zealand Executive Committee
UK educator Trisha Lee is visiting New Zealand over the next two weeks. In association with Drama New Zealand, she will be meeting and talking to educators here. On Wednesday August 13, she will be demonstrating the helicopter technique in Wellington ( at Kelburn Normal School)and conducting a workshop after school from 3.15 pm on. […]read more
Canterbury Drama Teachers Drama NZ meeting is on Wednesday 6th August 4 pm, Hornby High School, Agenda: Rachel Sears: an Applied Theatre practitioner with ideas of using games for devising. Exams – if you want mock exams – we have them – come along and bring any you have written to share. Planning AGM and future […]read more
The Auckland Branch of Drama NZ is having their termly PD night on 20th August. We will be exploring the genres of Melodrama (Level 1), Shakespeare (Level 2)and Brecht (Level 3). Explore Popular Genre’s. Term 3 Workshopread more
New members welcome from primary, secondary, tertiary, youth theatre and theatre in education sectors.
For an annual fee, full membership gives you:
- access to regional professional development and networking
- exclusive access to the Drama New Zealand Resource Bank
- access to our Annual National Drama New Zealand Conference
- access to Drama New Zealand affiliated conferences and publications
- access to our own Drama New Zealand publications.